Friday 20 April 2012

PROOF!!! Ballet does play an important part in the fashion industry!

I was doing my daily random rummaging through YouTube when I stumbled upon a video that made my little Chanel covered ballet heart skip a beat. Back in 2009, Karl Lagerfeld created costumes for the ballet Apollo which was part of the Ballet Russes season at Sadler Wells. Vogue covered this in their video. I cannot believe I am only just discovering this. Here is the clip.

I went further on to discover this romantic little number performed by Elena Glurdjidze of the English National Ballet in the Chanel Couture Lounge. In the video she performs for Karl Lagerfeld "The Dying Swan". The only other information I could find about this performance was at FabSugar.com right here Karl Lagerfeld Creates Custom Tutu, Films Impromtu Performance. Below is the video.


Video proof of the importance and the connection with ballet and the fashion world. I'm in love!!!

Photo at top of the page, Karl Lagerfeld filming Elena Glurdjidze. Photographer, unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment